There are several reasons why a vendor may wish to realise a portfolio:
- Move into larger or different deals
- Concentrate on a new fund
- Move to a new line of business
- Gain support from an experienced venture investor
- Seek additional funding
- Deal with approaching end of fund life
Shackleton provides a flexible approach tailored to the vendor’s needs. In most cases vendors seek an outright purchase for cash, but sometimes a partial purchase, a restructuring of the fund or even a management contract might be appropriate. In all cases, Shackleton will operate discretely and be transparent in its approach to valuing the assets.