41 Charlotte Square
Edinburgh, EH2 4HQ
17 July 2017
Shackleton is delighted to announce that FinLeap’s new Headquarters in Berlin has been selected by the German Federal Government as the official hub for German FinTech innovation.
The company builder has now moved from its previous head office in Berlin-Mitte to Charlottenburg. The digitalization of the international financial services industry will be driven from the seven floors of the former Berliner Bank headquarters in the vicinity of Zoologischer Garten.
The new office is not only a campus for FinLeap and its ventures but also the official de:hub for fintech. FinLeap was selected by the Federal Ministry for Economics Affairs and Energy as part of the Digital Hub Initiative in a national tender. The locations chosen to be de:hubs excel in developing innovation and enable interchange between established corporations and international investors.
FinLeap CEO Niroumand: “We want to create a space that serves as link between the digital and the financial industries. It will be a place for open networks and cooperations. Anyone interested in the digitalization of the financial services industry is welcome.”
Regular events on the rooftop terrace or the on-site event floor, international branch conferences as well as a catering facilities are planned amongst other things. FinLeap and several of its ventures have already moved in. The renovation of the 11,000 sq m large building is expected to be finished by the end of 2017.
For further information:
Notes to editors
- Shackleton specialises in direct secondary venture and development capital investments – where Shackleton will buy a portfolio of existing investments, or an individual asset, from an investor that is seeking liquidity.
- Shackleton holds a 11% interest in FinLeap through its latest Victoria Fund.
- Shackleton’s funds have acquired investments from a range of institutional and corporate vendors and from several private individuals.
- Shackleton secondary funds are managed by FCA-authorised Shackleton Finance Limited.
- For further information: www.shackletonventures.com
- FinLeap serially develops Fintech companies, supporting them with strong infrastructure and guiding their growth.
- Twelve ventures have been brought to market providing services for private and corporate clients.
- The FinLeap ecosystem includes, for instance, FinReach, which offers among others a solution for switching bank accounts; PAIR Finance, a solution for digital debt management; Clark, a digital insurance broker; and solarisBank, a digital platform with a full German banking license.
- Each venture is raised on a solid FinLeap foundation that provides not only seed funding from €0.5 million up to €5 million but also a strong network of investors, an integrated development platform and advice on best practice processes.
- In addition, the company builder provides contact to experienced businesses, clients and top talents in the industry.
- FinLeap’s team is made up of over 450 employees from more than 30 countries.
- The company’s headquarters are located in Berlin.