41 Charlotte Square
Edinburgh, EH2 4HQ
10 February 2017
Shackleton announces today that it has launched the first close of its fourth fund: Shackleton Secondaries Victoria. The fund focuses on financial technology investments.
The central investment of the fund will be a 13% shareholding in FinLeap GmbH, a leading Fintech company builder, based in Berlin.
Renowned for its fast execution, innovative and market-changing Fintech companies, FinLeap’s portfolio of award-winning growth businesses includes smart insurer, Clark; digital risk carrier, Element; and solaris Bank.
Building its success on people who excel, FinLeap has colleagues from 35 different nations in its team. It hires outstanding people with proven entrepreneurial and leadership qualities and develops new business models together with them. To excel, its leadership teams possess a high level of seniority, extensive functional expertise, and a good understanding of their markets.
FinLeap team members’ industry backgrounds and expertise are what makes the company unique. It fosters cooperation and strategic partnerships with all major banks, insurance companies and asset managers to exchange business insights and discuss collaboration opportunities. In addition, FinLeap possesses deep regulatory knowledge and expertise that it embeds into our ventures’ business models from day one.
FinLeap’s technological edge comes directly from its tech talent. It builds technology as a means to make its ventures’ business models unique and competitive. Its infrastructure allows it to stay up to date with ever increasing technology trends.
“We are delighted to be deepening our ties with the German business community.” Says Investment Director, Deborah Hudson.
For further information:
Notes to editors
- Shackleton specialises in direct secondary venture and development capital investments – where Shackleton will buy a portfolio of existing investments, or an individual asset, from an investor that is seeking liquidity.
- Shackleton’s funds have acquired investments from a range of institutional and corporate vendors and from several private individuals.
- Shackleton secondary funds are managed by FCA-authorised Shackleton Finance Limited.
- For further information: shackletonventures.com
- FinLeap serially develops Fintech companies, supporting them with strong infrastructure and guiding their growth.
- Twelve ventures have been brought to market providing services for private and corporate clients.
- The FinLeap ecosystem includes, for instance, FinReach, which offers among others a solution for switching bank accounts; PAIR Finance, a solution for digital debt management; Clark, a digital insurance broker; and solarisBank, a digital platform with a full German banking license.
- Each venture is raised on a solid FinLeap foundation that provides not only seed funding from €0.5 million up to €5 million but also a strong network of investors, an integrated development platform and advice on best practice processes.
- In addition, the company builder provides contact to experienced businesses, clients and top talents in the industry.
- FinLeap’s team is made up of over 450 employees from more than 30 countries.
- The company’s headquarters are located in Berlin.